PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introducing the New Principal OF IES

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Batang Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHIE CABISIDAN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Introducing the New Principal OF IES Reply with quote

Meet the New Principal of IES
Mr. Arnel SG. Macabasco Very Happy
He's from Pakil, Laguna
After a year that IES have no principal and away from the circulation, we're happy to have him as our head. He's planning to participate in our forum at usap and he's going to bring back IES once again in the lime light... Wink
vermad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: New Principal of IES Reply with quote

Mr. Macabasco, welcome to Paete and Ibaba Elementary School!

Shie, please extend my congratulations, welcome and best wishes to Mr. Arnel Macabasco. Please tell him to make full use of the computer facility of IES. He can correspond with people who have some interest in the school of Ibaba.

Last edited by vermad on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arnel sg. macabasco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Maraming Salamat Po! Reply with quote

Many thanks to all the Paetenians for allowing me to step in the Paete DepEd family.

I have been in the teaching profession for 20 years and I am more than happy to be of service to Paete. I have been a head teacher for 3 years at Pangil-Pakil District and was recently promoted Principal upon the promotion of Mrs. Limlengco to Principal II at Lumban, Laguna. Rest assure that I will do my best to bring back the glory that IES has once enjoyed and known for.

Right now I have already forwarded the request to the office of the mayor for the additional AVR's and computer paraphernalia for the full utilization of the lab.

As for now we (me and sheila) are carefully planning on hiring a computer teacher so that regular teachers will not be given additional load of teaching basic computer lessons since they're already overloaded.

We are still hoping that PAETECH will reach out to us so that this undertaking will not be futile.

Since I am new in this forum I will welcome all comments and suggestions with regards to IES and staff.

Thanks once again.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Macabasco:

First, welcome to IES.

This is Angel, one of the people from PAETEch.

I would just like to reiterate that the computers are NOT really for teaching computer lessons to the students. If this were the case, then not only are we overloading the teachers, but we are likewise stretching the already crowded curriculum of the students.

Instead, we are hoping that the computers be used as a tool for teaching the basic subjects of math, science, reading and writing. These are so much more important than computer literacy. We are hoping that teachers would find the computers as companions to enrich their day-to-day lessons.

It would be inefficient and bound for failure, if we think these computers are for teaching word processing and spreadsheets.

-Angel
noli cagayat valdellon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D’Artagnan, literary’s most famous Basque, sought excellence in his chosen field. Since you’re for the Basque, I’m absolutely confident you too have chosen your field and that is to sharpen the minds of Paete Ibaba’s youths. D’Artagnan, the Basque; D’Arnel Maca Basco. Congratulation.
jo-ann c.j.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Congrats!!! Reply with quote

Sir Arnel,

Lubos na nakakasiya ng mabasa ko at malaman na ikaw ang ngayon ay Principal ng Ibaba Elem. School ng Paete, CONGRATULATIONS!!!MABUHAY KA SIR ARNEL!!!

JO-ANN C. JAMITO
arnel sg. macabasco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: computer lessons Reply with quote

I am not aware that the computers from PAETEch are not for computer lessons but instead as a tool for instruction in the different subject areas. But as the case maybe I guess it would also be good if the pupils can have a hands-on lesson in computer literacy since they have to interact with the lessons presented by the teachers using the computers/multimedia. How can they interact if they don't have the basics of using the mouse and the keyboard and the simple opening of the computers? Just asking. A few pupils can use the computers since they play games in many computer centers here in Paete but how about the underprivelege?

Lessons now are interactive and through interaction with the use of the computers it can lessen the teacher's burden of talking without learning.

As I have attended one session at Ateneo I was astounded by the mere fact that all pupils in one section have one computer each for interaction lucky for those pupils they have the finances.

But I have to make full use of the computers here at IES so that pupils after graduating are equipped with the basic knowledge of computer and different lessons as well that can help them.

I am so glad that all of you are there to enhance our teaching-learning process.

As of today three teachers have already use the lessons in Science with the help of all the postings.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the computer as a teaching/learning tool for other subject areas is not an exclusive objective of PAETEch, rather it becomes the correct path because of strategy, necessity and circumstances.

(1) The prescribed DepEd curriculum is crowded and it is not straightforward to add a computer subject.

(2) The resources PAETEch has are not adequate for computer traning of all students. As a result, focusing on computer training may benefit only a few and not all students.

(3) The current needs of our students in learning how to read and comprehend, do basic math and science, are enormous that it becomes imperative that we address these needs first.

IES scored 47% in Science in the last year's national exam.

(4) Browsing the internet with the assistance and presence of a teacher (as it should be, especially at the young age of elementary school children) requires handling the mouse (this is only the computer skill needed, which does not take that long to learn).

If Ateneo could integrate computers into the main subject areas of english, math and science, I am sure that school likewise will greatly benefit - it is a much better objective than just trying to learn computers. None of the teachers of our students at this point learned how to use computers when they were in elementary school. I did not. But most learned how to read in elementary and this is what is important.
happy rock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir ArneL;

Congratulations... you deserve it! Break a leg; SIR!!!

... nais ding ipaabot ng aking ina ang kanyang katuwaan sa iyong tagumpay...

gReetings from:

olivan and joy afuang

In Behalf of ELC Batch '87 (High School Dept.)

arnel sg. macabasco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: many thanks to noel, joan, olivan and sir angel Reply with quote

maraming slamat din sa inyo noel, joan and olivan. though i'm from pakil, my services will be for paete and not solely for ies. parang taga paete na rin ako kasi sa elc ako graduate. regards to your families.

to sir angel - sir, still our priorities are the fundamentals of reading and comprehension in all the subjects taught in the curriculum. it just concerns us that we also would like to help in a little way our pupils to be adept of the current trends in education especially when they reached high school that computer lessons are taken up as an integration in TLE likewise in the elementary at EPP. the examination results were basically low since there was no one to fully guide IES staff upon the promotion of mrs. limlengco. on the other hand, mrs. madriñan had a hard time of managing the school and at the same time teaching. reports for the school were delegated to teachers - one factor of the low result in all the tests given because of the shortened time of teaching to attend to other matters related to school work. i agree with what you had said in the last part but isn't it quite fulfilling too on both parts if we have shared the pupils the current demands? At this point we are all exerting efforts to gain the academic stature that IES once had.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our resources are limited and the basic needs are not yet met. As I have said, computers could be used to enhance both teaching and learning. This is the route that will maximize the use of the resources and at the same time, will address the basic needs.

Computer education is similar to chemistry. I tell high school teachers that teaching their students chemistry does not necessarily prepare them for chemistry - what helps the students more in preparing for college science courses is a good training in mathematics. Learning, for the most part, occurs in steps, and we cannot and should not skip the basic steps to reach higher ground. The limited resources, both in facilities and time, requires us to concentrate on the basic skills in elementary school and we could use computers to help us meet these basic needs.
ARNELSG.MACABASCO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Maraming Salamat Po Uli! Reply with quote

The staff of IES would like to thank the PAETEnians International - Southern California Chapter for the financial assistance in the amount of $150 for the Breakfast Feeding Program. We have started the program last July and will end till March. The clientele ranges from Grade I to VI. At this point we have a total of 37 to 40 undernourished children. Parents are also enjoined inthis undertaking. We will attach the photos as soon as possible. Tchr, Nimfa Peñamante, Tchr. Matet Inawat, Tchr Lhet Pillat and Tchr. Baby Adea are in-charge of the program. Mr. Jimmy Dalay is the one who handed us the money this morning amounting to P6,750.00 and will be deposited to the school's bank account. Once again thank you very much!
nuellopo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: congratulations ies Reply with quote

As what our everdearest principal,Mr. Arnel SG. Macabasco, envisioned to be back in the limelight, here's now the biggest break for Ibaba Elementary School! They won in the Philippine Society of Youth Science Club (PSYSC), Science Olympiad,which was held at Batangas National High School, Batangas,City, Batangas. Rozette D. Romulo, Rhaña Mae C. Popatco and Jean Claudine C. Baldemor, pupils from grades V and VI,together with their teacher-coach Mrs. Ma. Nita U. Ellopo,competed and luckily won as the First Placer in Batangas Site last September 1, 2007. We are hoping and doing our very best to have more victory on other competitions to come. CONGRATULATIONS!
mariza c.baldemor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Kumusta ka na? Reply with quote

Hi Sir Arnel Very Happy ,
Welcome to IES & Paete...kumusta ka na?...dito pa rin ako sa Alabang nagtuturo...sana ay magkita tayo one of these days...again,WELCOME & more power to you.

Regards,
Mariza Wink (Cagandahan Baldemor)
dpmadrinan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Hello Sir Arnel Reply with quote

Hello Mr Arnel Macabasco,
Congratulations to you and to all Ibaba teachers. Cograts too to Nita Ellopo galing mong teacher sa science ha, keep up the good work I know you can do it. Binabati ko rin ang mga batang nanalo sa competition sa Science, ay mga naging pupils ko pa sila hi kina Roselle, at sa 2 ko pang naging pupils Miss Popatco and Miss Baldemor. mabuhay ang mga batang ito ng Ibaba, I'm so proud of you. To you Sir Arnel Congrats again sa iyo ipagpatuloy nyo yan, miss ko na kayo lahat. Regards to all and God bless you all.

Daisy p Madrinan
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Batang Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum